What's new

Here's a nice idea: A music DVD packaged with a CD. (1 Viewer)

Paul D Young

Second Unit
I also bought The Last DJ and it didn't have a DVD with it.
I pre-ordered this one from CD Now. When you order from them one says "Last DJ" and one says "Last DJ (Special Edition With Bonus DVD)" so I made sure I paid the extra two dollars and got that one.

I almost forgot to mention:
The Strokes: Is This It
was re-released with a Bonus DVD featuring 3 videos and two live performances.

Anthony Stephan

Stunt Coordinator
Many of the added value DVDs are limited edition. Some for a higher cost, some for the same price as the CD.
And also, some may say, "includes video" but it may be that the video is streamed once you get on a website.

And many of these do not happen when the CD first comes out. They may be added in later, like The Strokes did.

Kevin Brown

Auditioning
Just to add to the list of CDs with Bonus DVDs:

Awhile back, Costco had a Jimi Hendrix box-set (purple paisley crushed-velvet, none the less). It was a 4-CDs w/ a bonus DVD of concert footage from The Isle of Wight ("Spanish Castle Magic" and "All Along the Watchtower"), plus an interview w/ Eddie Kramer (Hendrix's longtime Sound Engineer).

I believe, the bonus DVD was exclusive to Costco, but not certain.

If you are a Hendrix fan, I highly recommend picking it up. A lot of alternate takes to familiar songs, that are excellent.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Kevin, thanks for the Hendrix tip. I don't recall seeing that set at Costco, but I'll check the next time I am there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks