What's new

HELP. Xbox and HT (1 Viewer)

Scott Fishwick

Auditioning
Hi, Im trying to hook my xbox to my stereo system and my RF tv but im having a few problems.

Problem 1.
The only way ive got the link up to work is to use a vcr as the central point feeding in the aerial, xbox and stereo. However, my vcr is old and crappy, and the picture it displays is very poor; over white. Short of buying a new vcr, I want to know if there is any other way of linking this system.

Problem 2.
The TV is RF. I have both an RF and AV adaptors for the xbox. The stereo has the standard two rca sockets at the back.

One option im thinking of is buying a Coaxial TV plug to RCA plug cable. Is it possible to split the three plugged AV adaptor, with the yellow video plug through this TV/RCA cable to the TV, and the white and red audio plugs sent off to the stereo? Will this work?

Does anyone have any other suggestions, or is it not possible to link these three together without a vcr.
Any Help would be very much appreciated.

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
Get a fancy RF modulator for about $30 or so from Radio Shack. You can hook up multiple rf sources this way and it should look a lot better.

Scott Fishwick

Auditioning
Ok that sounds like a good idea. Just one thing though, after looking at both the modulators that radio shack have, how would I connect the stereo. Would i put the yellow rca plug from the xbox into the modulator and send the two audio rca plugs out to the stereo? How could i hook all three togther so that i could get surround sound from my xbox through the stereo?

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
Yeah, use the rf cable to get the video to the tv and directly hookup the audio from the box to the stereo. That's the advantage to that breakout box setup the xbox uses, you can seperate the cables to make it easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks