What's new

Help with THE CELL (1 Viewer)

Roy Batty

Second Unit
Real Name
Jose M Mendez
I must confess I am totally at a loss about which THE CELL DVD edition I should buy.

As an spaniard, I am aware that the film was theatrically released in the USA in a shorter version than the "international cut", excising some explicit shots and a whole sequence where Vincent D'Onofrio masturbates while hanging over the corpse of one of his victims.

The "international cut" reinstating this scene can be found on most european DVD editions, excluding UK.

On the other hand, all DVD editions seems to include 8 deleted scenes, previously unseen on either cut, USA or international.

According to some reviews, the aforedescribed scene is included in the USA DVD edition as one of those 8 missing scenes. But this review of the australian edition goes in detail into those 8 scenes, and none of them corresponds to that.

To add more confusion, reviews of the USA edition leaves no doubt about the quality of those 8 deleted scenes matching the feature in video as well as in audio. But that same review of the australian edition complains about their poor quality, being presented in little better than VHS condition, non 16:9 enhanced, and showing time codes on screen.

Anybody can clarify all this to me?

What is the exact content of the 8 deleted scenes as contained in the USA edition? Is the D'Onofrio "hanging" one of them?

Thanks for your help.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
There are no time codes, the deleted scenes are of the same quality as the movie, and the handing scene is indeed included as a deleted scene. (in the R1 DVD)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks