help with receiver for my speakers

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by cappy24, Jun 4, 2009.

1. cappy24

cappy24 Auditioning

raymond caputo
    i need some suggestions on picking out a receiver to compliment my speakers..i am replacing a mc-8 lexicon...the speakers are snell towers xa75's..xa 55 center, and 4 psb 10's..looking for a 7.1 receiver..budget somewhere around $1000...i am waiting to buy the oppo 83 when it comes out, as i have a huge collection of sacd's and dvd-a's.....50/50 music and movies...the snell towers have built in subs..just wondering if i should also get a sub for the rear...the room is quite large with 20 ft. ceilings..dimensions of the room are 20x48..i have had health issues that have kept me out of this hobby for 5 years or better..so i consider myself a newbie once again...since my health has greatly improved, i am looking forward to enjoying home theater once again...thanks guys i appreciate any feedback.

2. cappy24

cappy24 Auditioning

raymond caputo
    nobody?

3. Stephen Tu

Stephen Tu Screenwriter

Onkyo 706 perhaps?

4. cappy24

cappy24 Auditioning

raymond caputo
    onkyo seems like a good choice..thank you..i was beginning to feel left out(just kidding)...i was looking at the onkyo tx-sr876...do you think this is a good replacement for my lexicon mc-8 or will i be disaapointed?? i got a decent offer on my lex, and i'm on the fence...

5. John Brill

John Brill Supporting Actor

From a Lexicon MC-8 into an Onkyo??? Blasphemy!

I'm guessing you have a 5 channel amp paired up with the Lexicon and all you need is new processing capacity?

If I were you, I'd seriously consider the Emotiva UMC-1 (www.emotiva.com) due out any day now. Why waste your time on a receiver if you don't need the amplification section???

P.S. Why do you want to part with the Lexicon???

6. cappy24

cappy24 Auditioning

raymond caputo
    just to have hdmi...i am on the fence as to weather or not its a good move or not...i have a pair of harmon kardon citation 7.1 amps..

7. John Brill

John Brill Supporting Actor

Thought so! Wait for the Emotiva UMC-1 then. At $699 it's a steal. [​IMG]