What's new

Help with purchasing a home theater set (1 Viewer)

loserp4

Auditioning
Real Name
mike
Greetings folks, I aim to buy this 2nd hand set for my PC (the video card is nvidia GTX 670 with 2 HDMI ports): ONKYO 706 front B&W 303 center B&W HTM62 sub and surround are from this set : http://www.canadahifi.com/review74.php First question - What do you think of that set ? Second - How can i ONLY pass audio to the receiver ? As I have a 1920x1200 monitor, I will not be able to enjoy it if i connect it to the receiver, so I was wondering what are my possibilities here Thank you so much for your answers

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Since your PC card has two HDMI, I would assume you pick one for audio... The 706 was(is) a beast. By the way, the 706 might pass the 1200 resolution anyway...(technically, if you set the AVR as "through"...there won't be any reason for it to do anything with it)

loserp4

Auditioning
Real Name
mike
Thanks for your reply. What about the speakers and the sub ?? what do you think about them ?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Speakers are subjective. If you like them(and are getting them for a price you are comfortable with)...that is all that matters... But Tannoy and B&W are good. My taste? No. But so what if they aren't my taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks