What's new

Help with Pioneer VSX1014-tx issue Please! (1 Viewer)

RyanJE

Second Unit
Hey Everyone!

I have a weird deal going on with my pioneer receiver. For some reason, intermittently, it will not put sound out of either the left front or right front speaker.

I have to crank the volume way up in order the non working speaker to kick in. It is not a bad connection I have checked all terminals and they are good and tight.

Could it be a deal with the crossover in the system? Or maybe something loose inside?

Thanks!!

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
An old Fisher stereo in my brothers garage does the same thing. We always figured it was a dirty connection or dirt got around the volume knob which was causing it. Haven't investigated much since we never think about it until we turn it on. And then we just turn the volume up 'till it kicks in and re-adjust it. But it does sound like a connection or something inside the 1014 but I'm not good at diagnosing these things. And I don't recommend taking the cover off (even though I have done so myself ).

I think there is a spray-on product to clean connections and things like volume knobs without damaging the electrical circuits and things. It might be worth a try. But be carefull. Follow the directions. I wonder if this is what I was thinking about?

RyanJE

Second Unit
Thanks for the feedback!

Anyone else who has any input it would be much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks