What's new

Help with new home theater system (1 Viewer)

Mark_Sykes

Auditioning
I’m looking to put together a home theater system for a new house. I have a max budget of $2250. I hope you could offer some good advice as to which brands would suit this project.
This is what I will need...for the surround sound system (room dimensions 16 X 23)
Receiver
DVD player (progressive)
2 bookshelf speakers
1 center channel speaker
1 subwoofer
surge protector
cables and speaker wire
(2 8” symphony select in ceiling speakers will already be installed for the rear speakers-are these speakers any good?)
also need a separate receiver and cd player (5 disc changer) to run 4 outdoor speakers. (speakers already installed..not sure what brand but a marine speaker)
If you need any more info, please let me know
Will be getting a new TV (36” HDTV) at a later date.
Thanks for the help
;)

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
Mark,
Maybe consider checking out eBay to pick up a CD changer and receiver/amp for the outdoors system. I doubt you'll need audiophile-level equipment for out there, and eBay can help you get the gear VERY inexpensively.
A friend of mine just picked up six different CD changers on eBay for under $30 each--all of them functional. So I know there are deals around there.
DVD player-wise, you couldn't go wrong with the Panny RP82, if you can find one.
Bill Kane's contribution to the HTF Primer on Surge Protectors: here
And his overview to budget (

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks