What's new

Help with Kenwood losing sound (1 Viewer)

tim98

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim Trace
I have a Kenwood KRF-X7775D. Its a pretty good receiver. the only problem I have had with it is while I'm playing a DVD,(audio/video routed through receiver) the sound will suddenly cutout. The picture is still there but no sound. The only way I can get it back is if I power down the receiver and turn it back on. It does not have a pattern but the most it has happened is twice in one movie. It happens almost everytime I play a DVD though. Any Ideas?

Thanks Guys

Nick:G

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick Gallegos
Strange problem. It almost sounds like the receiver's microprocessor has gone wacky. I would look in the manual and see if there's a way to reset it (on some receivers, it's just a hard power cycle; unplug and replug). Just beware that a microprocessor reset almost always means that the settings will be cleared, so write them all down.

Also, try the DVD player on a different digital audio input and see if the problem persists.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Hi Nick

I have a Kenwood 6070 on the way to the bedroom system...if Tim needs additional assistance, I can look in my owner's manual to see how to do a rest...

keep in touch

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Is it possible that you are overdriving the receiver and it's shutting down because of heat?

Brent

DH909_HT

Auditioning
Real Name
David

I have the same receiver and I experienced the same problem briefly. I believe it depends on what listen mode you have it set to. When my receiver was set to multi-ch it would do exactly as you describe, but only sometimes. I don't know if you figured it out yet, but hopefully that will help you out.

David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks