What's new

Help with Dish reciever/dvd/vcr player. (1 Viewer)

greg buggy

Auditioning
I have a Emerson DVD/VCR combo(EWD2204) and a Dish 301 reciever and a 32 ILO TV. From what I read I have to come from the Dish to the DVD/VCR via the cable. I would like to use the S video cable. Should I run the cable from the EWD2204 then to the TV?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Hi Greg,

Welcome to the Forum!

It’s hard to figure out exactly what you’re talking about, but considering the equipment involved I assume you want connections that will let you record from the Dish receiver to the DVD/VCR combo, and watch program material from both the Dish and combo player.

It’s hard to be exact not knowing what all connections your gear has, but I’ll take a stab at it.

If your TV has two sets of A/V (aka audio/video) inputs, (i.e., the RCA and/or S-video jacks), I’d connect the Dish receiver to one of those. You can do this via the antenna connections, and watch the Dish receiver through the TV’s channel 3 or 4, but I think the A/V line connections are better. However, if your TV only has a single A/V input, then using the antenna connections is what you’ll have to do.

Now, if the Dish receiver is like other sat receivers, it has two sets of A/V outputs. Run the second set to the DVD VCR combo’s A/V inputs. This will allow the DVD VCR combo to record sat channels.

The DVD/VCR’s A/V outputs should go the TV’s second A/V inputs.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks