What's new

Help With a Low End TV Purchase (1 Viewer)

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
This seems so out of place in a forum with such great discussions of high end displays, but I am stuck.

My very edlerly and infirmed mother is still living at home with 24 hour a day care givers, and the television the caregivers use has gone on the fritz. The current set is a 25" Magnavox stereo televison -- about 10 years old.

What I am looking for is something in a comparable size -- 25"-27" for $300 or less. It doesn't need to have a lot of bells and whistles, but needs to be able to handle a digital cable line, a dvd player, and a vcr.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

Deborah

Dave G

Auditioning
Deborah,

Just go to your local Best Buy or Circuit City (or the California equivalent) -- you should have no problem finding a nice 27" TV with the inputs you need for under $300.

Dave

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Dave,

Thanks for the suggestion. If you think that is a safe thing to do, I will go ahead and do it. It is, in fact, how ten years ago I got the one that is now on the fritz. I really thought that television should have lasted longer than it has, but I guess maybe ten years is not such a bad run for an inexpensive television. And you never know -- sometimes when you post a query such as mine you get replies that say things like, "Whatever you do, don't buy a [insert brand name here] model from Best Buy!" ;)

Deborah

Steven_Jobe

Stunt Coordinator
Nah, I agree with Dave, you can't go wrong there. Although we live in the "throw away" age where products are made cheaper and aren't meant to last as long. So if you want it to last another 10 years you may be dissapointed, however you never know.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks