What's new

Help, wear to find covering for sonotube. (1 Viewer)

alan fallert

Agent
Wear can I find material to cover the outside of my sonotube? What is it called and can I get it at walmart? I want the material in the color of black. THANK YOU.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
You are probably wanting to find something called "ribbing" which might be found at fabric stores, like Hancock's or JoAnn's.

Jon Hancock

Stunt Coordinator
Another fairly easy to work with and very durable material is short pile indoor/outdoor carpet; "TubeZilla" was covered with gray carpet from Home Depot; black is available also.
Link Removed
Cats love it as a scratching post.... ;)
Regards,
Jon

warrick

Stunt Coordinator
Alan
The stuff I used is Ribbing as Patrick said, it is a fabric tube and stretches, if you get it slighty smaller than the tube it will have a snug fit without being see through.(the heavier the material the better)
I found mine at a local Fabric Store it cast about $6.00 a meter. (Aussie Dollars)
Warrick

alan fallert

Agent
Man do those sonotubes look good, I hope mine turns out half that good. thanks for the ideas on the covering, now to find one of those stores to get it from.Warrick how does that remote control plate amp work out with your tempest? I am mayby going to go with that plate amp on my tempest too, I think that remote might come in handy. Is that plate amp as good or compareable to the ava250? thanks all for the help.

A

Anthony_Gomez

If you can't find any of the above, believe it or not, you can use grill cloth! It is semi stretchy (one direction more than the other). Mind you that the Sonotube ribbing will show through..so smooth that out...and spray paint it black since the grill cloth can bee semi transparent.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
There are various textures that I have seen in the fabric stores but I found one that is close to what most speaker grills use, except it is a little thicker and more durable. Very easy to work with and makes the sub look professional.

warrick

Stunt Coordinator
Alan,
The Plate amp in my sonotube is basically the same as the ava250, they have different names in different countries but come from the same factory. Mine is identical to this
As far as how it sounds,
:D FANTASTIC :D
Warrick

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks