What's new

HELP w/my package!!!!! (1 Viewer)

MattyC

Grip
Okay guys I could use some expert opinion/help before I head off to Tweeter and conduct the comparison test.
I just purchased the Denon 3803 and would like some idea as to which Klipsch speaker package is the best way to go. Sounddistributors.com is offering the RF5 package for $2,599.00 vs's the RF3 for $1,649.00. If there isn't much difference between the two, then I'd like to go with the RF3's as this would enable me to add the Pioneer Elite DV45A and complete my system upgrade. I will be moving from my apartment into a home toward the end of the year and I don't want to be stuck with a speaker system that "lacks" something, when I now have the chance to avoid that situation. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.;)

Cam S

Screenwriter
What exactly does the "Package" consist of? If it's just the RF-3's or RF-5's, then they are over priced, as the RF-3's can be had for $999 at London Drugs and the other dealers in my area right now, which is pretty dam cheap.

MattyC

Grip
Hi Cam!

This is what each set consists of! I guess my question is are the RF5 Towers, and KSW12 Sub worth the extra $1,000.00?

RF-3II Towers
RC-3II Center
RS-3II Surrounds
KSW15 Subwoofer
$1,649.00

RF-5 Towers
RC-3II Center
RS-3II Surrounds
RSW-12 Subwoofer
$2,599.00

Cam S

Screenwriter
Are you in the states or Canada?

Did you mean to say the KSW-12 sub, or does that package actually include the RSW-12? IF it does, then holy hell, go for that package for sure!! If the package is with the KSW-12, then I would get the RF-3 package for sure!!! I just don't see any need to spend the extra bucks for the RF-5's UNLESS you absolutely have to have the veneer finish.

It might be a good idea to wait a few months maybe, as Klipsch just introduced a ton of new Reference speakers!

MattyC

Grip
Hi Again Cam!

I'm in the States, and the RF5 package does contain the RSW12 Sub. Since I'm in an Apartment I'm now wondering if I should go with the RF5 Towers, and go with the RC7 Center and rear's, and wait till I get into the house for the Sub since I will NEVER be able to use it on the 2nd floor LOL!!!

Cam S

Screenwriter
Matty, I would really consider going for the RF-5 package WITH the RSW-12 sub. It is a WONDERFUL sub and you can't go wrong with it. It won't shake the house like an SVS would, but they are very musical and have incredible sound quality. The RC-7 would match the RF-5's but I think it would be a little overkill, but it's really up to you. I have the RC-3 and I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks