HELP! Totally, 100% Confused by All These Connections!

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by AnnM, Mar 29, 2011.

1. CB750

CB750 Screenwriter

LOL, what are the smart gadgets you speak of? I assume iPhone is Internet talk that means "I tried to phone you last night and left a message", But I am having some problem with the translation of iPod.

2. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino

Then you probably don't even want to think about what an iPad might be.

Regards,

Joe

3. AnnM

AnnM Agent

So far, I can say "iPass" on the smartphones. The reason? First is cost of operation. Most people are spending well over $100/month for services. I just need a good quality flip phone that I can use for calling when I need it. Second, I'm not sold on the idea of giving up my wallet, credit cards, and personal identity to have everything chipped on a smartphone. There are individuals who spend their lives looking for ways to steal mine, so I know they can find intrusion methods, grab what they want, and be gone before McAfee or Symantec issue a security patch.

4. CB750

CB750 Screenwriter

I have also passed on smart phones. In fact last year I converted our two cell phones over to a block of prepaid minutes and saved a bundle of money. I wonder why we have become of a society who feel the need to be connected 24/7. It's sad when you see someone walking their dog and while talking on a cell phone.

I have a friend who builds computers for me and his take on hacking is if it's electronic it can be hacked.