What's new

Help!! Sony LCD or Samsung LED? (1 Viewer)

erew99

Second Unit
Real Name
Guy
Hi there,
I'm looking to purchase a new 1080p TV. I currently have a Dell 42" (1024x768) television and want to upgrade.

I see some decent reviews for the Sony XBR9 52". What I'm in need of is some help. Should I go w/ standard LCD or LED?!

I've seen the XBR9 online as low as $1,750 (free shipping). Are there some LEDs out there that would match up to the same picture quality for around $2,000? If anyone has this TV and has some comments, that would be very helpful also.

Thanks,
G

Greg_M

Screenwriter
I too am looking at either the Sony or Samsung LCD or LED 46" . Either way I was told to go with the 240 Hz and not 120. The difference bettwen the LCD and LED seems to be brightness (depending on your taste)

I am leaning toward Samsung since everyone I've spoken to says it's the best (Pioneer and Sony also get high ratings) I'm leaning toward the LCD - anyone know why the LED may be better?

erew99

Second Unit
Real Name
Guy
I believe the LED TVs produce better black levels also - and way higher contrast.

I am leaning towards the LCD mostly for price. It appears the XBR9 is a pretty good TV, but trying to get the most for my $$ at this time.

Greg_M

Screenwriter
I lookd at the Pioneer Plasma Elite and It has a very film like appearance where as the LCD and LED sets produce strange image movements but these aren't on the Plasmsa set

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks