What's new

HELP - Screen Wrinkles (1 Viewer)

LeonDES

Grip
Hi,

I recently moved and in doing so my DA-Lite 92inch fixed screen got wrinkled.
It was rolled up in a tube but apparently the weight of itself when the tube was standing up-right caused
it to wrinkle the bottom half of the screen.

My question is, does anyone know how to remove wrinkles from the screen without damaging it?
Can the screen be ironed or somthing?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Leon

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Is this the Da-Lite Screen with the snaps that hold the screen to the back of the aluminum frame? If so it's probably going to be hard to remove. Screens should only be rolled with tissue or paper between the layers of rolls and should remain flat and then for the shortest time. If the screen was stretched for a long period then disassemble and improperly stored you may never get all the wrinkles out. Given your description I wouldn't believe that you have the type that is held in place with a rubber runner. Those types can be restretched, and if damaged can easily be replace just buying screen material and replacing it. If your screen has the snaps it will be difficult. Most of the screens are custom fitted. I would call Da-lite and see if they have any other suggestions. Let us know how it turns out!

BruceSpielbauer

Second Unit
I agree... I would get on the phone right away and call Da-Lite, and follow their advice. Any home-brew suggestions from here are likely to come from those who are merely "thinking aloud." The chances are pretty good that our suggestions might not help, and it is also quite possible that our suggestions might do even further damage.

Call Da-Lite.

-Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks