What's new

3D Help restore the Golden Age 3D movie 'September Storm' (1 Viewer)

pinknik

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
We're so close of the stretch goal but pledges are coming very slow now. Only one week left. I want Sea Dream restored and in the bluray.

The latest update is that they don't have the rights for the music on home video and procuring those rights would cost significantly more than the stretch goal. So, for the blu-ray, they'll replace the music with production music. Which sucks, but not so much that I don't want it to happen. I definitely want to see Sea Dream on blu-ray. Lerner does have the music rights for theatrical distribution, so the DCP for theater screenings will contain the original music. C'mon, $30,000!

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Was the original music on this title mono? If yes, maybe this is a good thing if it can be replaced with a 5.1 digital music track. Only $1548 more needed!

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
No, all stereo.

The licensing costs for that music on home video is astronomical so we have no other choice in this matter.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
The latest update on our SEPTEMBER STORM restoration. There's some disappointing news with SEA DREAM but just wait till you hear the good news.

Plus, in a few days, the announcement of an ultra-rare 3-D bonus short that I've been trying to acquire for more than a year!

https://www.kickstarter.com/…/september-storm…/posts/1653439

Last edited:

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
If it's from the 1950's it's probably FOODINI IN FOUR DIMENSIONS. The Tell Tale Heart and Down the Hatch were also not released in 3D but, they are probably owned by Sony. TT could release those titles, if the 3D elements could be found.

Last edited:

Mike Ballew

Second Unit
Real Name
MIKE BALLEW
Hi, Roland, I don't know if you ever got to see it, but my recollection is that Down the Hatch screened in 3-D at 3-D Film Expo II back in 2006. Not a great comedian in not a great movie, but the 3-D was competently handled and fun.

Just wondering aloud if the Mystery Short is American in origin. There are plenty of European shorts from the Golden Age that might make good candidates as well.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Just wondering aloud if the Mystery Short is American in origin. There are plenty of European shorts from the Golden Age that might make good candidates as well.

Hey David,

They mention it has never been released in 3D. Any European 3D shorts from the 1950's that have never been released?

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Hi, Roland, I don't know if you ever got to see it, but my recollection is that Down the Hatch screened in 3-D at 3-D Film Expo II back in 2006. Not a great comedian in not a great movie, but the 3-D was competently handled and fun.

To my shame "Down the Hatch" conjures up a totally different series of "movies".:blush:

Mike Ballew

Second Unit
Real Name
MIKE BALLEW
Roland, I am afraid to speculate further, even down to listing European shorts with no known 3-D release. On the extreme longshot chance I could be right in my guess, I think it might detract from the irresistible suspense of waiting and dilute the excitement of the official announcement, which will come in the proper time. And if I've guessed wrong, I won't look quite so silly if I keep my guess to myself! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks