What's new

3D Help restore the Golden Age 3D movie 'September Storm' (1 Viewer)

Kiwitutor

Agent
Real Name
Peter
Day 6 Update news (and it's great news):

"As we mentioned yesterday, we're closing in on the "halfway-funded" milestone, and if we can reach $12,500 in pledges this weekend, we'll have a special announcement about the September Storm Blu-ray!"

Obviously I've no idea what the special announcement could be (new extras on disc?) but let's keep the pressure up! Reach out to colleagues/friends/insiders. Very nearly half-way with 3 weeks to go! Thanks to all who've got us this far!

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Day 6 Update news (and it's great news):

"As we mentioned yesterday, we're closing in on the "halfway-funded" milestone, and if we can reach $12,500 in pledges this weekend, we'll have a special announcement about the September Storm Blu-ray!"

Obviously I've no idea what the special announcement could be (new extras on disc?) but let's keep the pressure up! Reach out to colleagues/friends/insiders. Very nearly half-way with 3 weeks to go! Thanks to all who've got us this far!

It's at $12.500 now.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Brad here. I want to offer my moral support for this effort. As much as I''d like to jump in (and I've never seen September Storm), just about every spare dollar of mine is being tied up for the upcoming cruise (Carnival Vista Repo NYC-Miami, Nov 2016). You shoud see my grocery list and diet (skimpy, skimpy , skimpy). But I've been following this and and cheering on. That and cripes my birthday is this week and guess who has to buy his own birthday gifts this year (new region-free blu-ray player and some Blus). Mostly because Kyrs is getting the gifts this time, six new skimpy bathing suits she wants for the cruise, and they go $80-$90 a pop.

Anyway Godspeed in this effort.

I'm kinda wondering if I should start a Kickstarter campaign to have Skatetown USA (1979) brought to UHD Blu-ray / HD Blu-ray? Shucks why not. Knowing my luck though, the only thing I'd see on my Kickstarter screen is chirping crickets.

Sheesh, I ought to start a Kickstarter campaign for my wife's new cruise wardrobe. Might get the Husbands of America sympathy vote.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Brad here. I want to offer my moral support for this effort. As much as I''d like to jump in (and I've never seen September Storm), just about every spare dollar of mine is being tied up for the upcoming cruise (Carnival Vista Repo NYC-Miami, Nov 2016). You shoud see my grocery list and diet (skimpy, skimpy , skimpy). But I've been following this and and cheering on. That and cripes my birthday is this week and guess who has to buy his own birthday gifts this year (new region-free blu-ray player and some Blus). Mostly because Kyrs is getting the gifts this time, six new skimpy bathing suits she wants for the cruise, and they go $80-$90 a pop.

Anyway Godspeed in this effort.

I'm kinda wondering if I should start a Kickstarter campaign to have Skatetown USA (1979) brought to UHD Blu-ray / HD Blu-ray? Shucks why not. Knowing my luck though, the only thing I'd see on my Kickstarter screen is chirping crickets.

Sheesh, I ought to start a Kickstarter campaign for my wife's new cruise wardrobe. Might get the Husbands of America sympathy vote.

You might know...

Why the skimpier the outfit, the less cloth needed for manufacture, the higher the price?

It's not line fine horological products, where miniaturization demands more intensive r, d and hand labor.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't want to jinx it but in my fairly limited experiences with Kickstarter, things actually pick up towards the end of the campaign so if it's already at $14,000 with 23 days to go, I think it has an extremely high chance of hitting its goal. Also, it seems like people are more likely to donate when it looks like the project will actually happen too so that it's doing good and nearing its goal will help things.

pinknik

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
We must wipe out Vinegar Syndrome, and allow our films to live normal lives with fear of VS decomp.

In for $100.

Hi Robert,

I transfer home movies at work, and when I encounter vinegar syndrome the only things I know to do are to keep the affected movies away from those that don't have it and to transfer it as best we can.

Is there anything that can be done to film with vinegar syndrome in order to stop the deterioration? Or does it just need to be transferred to something new? Does VS affect modern stocks at all?

Thanks,

Greg

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Our restoration of THE ADVENTURES OF SAM SPACE (aka SPACE ATTACK) will be included as a bonus on the proposed 3-D Blu-ray of SEPTEMBER STORM. This short originally played theatrically with the feature in 1960! But we still need your help to raise the funds to save this lost 3-D feature.

Please help spread the news. Thank you!

https://www.kickstarter.com/…/september-storm…/posts/1637650

SAMSPACE_02.gif

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
There is no concrete documentation - or prints of the short edge coded 1959 or 1960 - so I'm willing to bet it was simply run as is, with the non-anamorphic image stretched out to CinemaScope proportions yielding a distorted image. I really doubt they spent any money doing optical work to correct it.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Our restoration of THE ADVENTURES OF SAM SPACE (aka SPACE ATTACK) will be included as a bonus on the proposed 3-D Blu-ray of SEPTEMBER STORM. This short originally played theatrically with the feature in 1960! But we still need your help to raise the funds to save this lost 3-D feature.

Please help spread the news. Thank you!

https://www.kickstarter.com/…/september-storm…/posts/1637650

View attachment 32830

But what about the internationally famous flamenco dancers, Charito and Ernesto?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks