Help - Pioneer 5070 Ventilation question

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by ultrasp99, Dec 18, 2006.

1. ultrasp99

ultrasp99 Auditioning

Please help!

I just purchased a Pioneer 5070 (50" plasma) and a low profile mount which puts the TV 1.25" from the wall. Is that enough ventilation?

In the book it references the TV should be 4" from the wall and 19" from the cieling. I am thinking those measurments are for if you are mounting in a cabinet.

So can I mount my Pioneer 1.25" from the wall?.

Thanks for you anticipated responses.

Steve

2. Brett Loomis

Brett Loomis Stunt Coordinator

Steve- I have a 50" Pioneer Elite PRO-1120HD Plasma which is basically just a higher-end version of yours....You can't go wrong with any of the Pioneer plasmas.

I have mine wall-mounted on a articulating/pivoting 16" swing out arm. I can keep the TV about 2 inches from the wall and heat has never been an issue.

I think you will be totally fine as long as you have several feet above the vents on top for the heat to rise up and out.

I also have an extra identical mounting bracket that is brand new in the box for a second room install that I ended up changing plans on.

If you want pictures of my current set-up with the Plasma and pivot/swing-out mount just let me know. Also, if interested in the brand new identical mount I will send pictures also and make you a great deal.

In any case, I think you will be totally fine at 1.25" as long as not in a cabinet and it is in an open air/ bare wall mount location.

I hope this helps.

Brett