HELP!!! panasonic RV32 dvd player

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Nathan J, Jan 11, 2004.

1. Nathan J

Nathan J Stunt Coordinator

OK, so I have had this player for about a year and a half or so, and for the most part, I have been happy with it.

Then, recently, I started listening to music a lot more in my home, and I noticed that there was some noise in it, although it was not really noticeable, as I was running some old Phase tech speakers.

So, saturday, I went and picked up my new pair of Focal Chorus 715's, and hooked them up.....Holy crap I love them.
    Anyways, they are EXTREMELY revealing of the electronics, and now the noise in my dvd player is killing me.

I even hear it on movies, which I hardly ever did before, but on music....uhhggg, its just terrible.

I know its the dvd player, because thats the only time I hear it is when I am using the dvd player, and the noise starts and stops when you hit pause/play , or when there is a menu in a movie....etc.

The sound is kinda like...ummmm......whoooottttt ttt t tt tt tt tt

Like if you were to "roll" a T- sound...thats about the only way that I can describe it.

So, has anyone else experienced this? Is the player shot? Should I just get a new one?

Any trouble shooting that I can do?

Thanks for all the help,

Nate

2. Nathan J

Anyone?

I need help here!!![​IMG]

3. John S

John S Producer

Players are cheap (well fairly cheap)

Maybe time to step up to a new player, with DCDi and component video if your still using Svideo and/or composite.

4. Nathan J

Alright, thanks.