What's new

HELP!!! panasonic RV32 dvd player (1 Viewer)

Nathan J

Stunt Coordinator
OK, so I have had this player for about a year and a half or so, and for the most part, I have been happy with it.

Then, recently, I started listening to music a lot more in my home, and I noticed that there was some noise in it, although it was not really noticeable, as I was running some old Phase tech speakers.

So, saturday, I went and picked up my new pair of Focal Chorus 715's, and hooked them up.....Holy crap I love them.
Anyways, they are EXTREMELY revealing of the electronics, and now the noise in my dvd player is killing me.

I even hear it on movies, which I hardly ever did before, but on music....uhhggg, its just terrible.

I know its the dvd player, because thats the only time I hear it is when I am using the dvd player, and the noise starts and stops when you hit pause/play , or when there is a menu in a movie....etc.

The sound is kinda like...ummmm......whoooottttt ttt t tt tt tt tt

Like if you were to "roll" a T- sound...thats about the only way that I can describe it.

So, has anyone else experienced this? Is the player shot? Should I just get a new one?

Any trouble shooting that I can do?

Thanks for all the help,

Nate

John S

Senior HTF Member
Players are cheap (well fairly cheap)

Maybe time to step up to a new player, with DCDi and component video if your still using Svideo and/or composite.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks