What's new

help on 'other' Hsu speakers (1 Viewer)

4wheelsare2many

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
This is a long story but I will start small for now.
I am nearly sold on getting a VTF-3 MK3 from Hsu. I am also thinking of taking this to the next level with them by considering their Enthusiasts Series. I have seen links here recommending the Ventriloquist line, but what about the Enthusiasts, the Hb-1's and center channel too. Anyone on these forums try these or have experience with them? I'm trying to be open-minded and detach from the 'towers are necessary' mindset. This setup will be multi-purpose with HT & gaming at it's forefront. I've tried other sat-systems and the audiophile in me cannot stand the vortex-sized gap created when it comes to trying to listen to high-quality music of all kinds on the same system. Maybe I'm asking for the impossible dream here, but is it possible to somehow obtain all of this with only 1 system? Would this be possible with the system I'm asking about? Are pricey towers really necessary with a Sub of this caliber?
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I haven't seen very much discussion on the HSU HB-1's. Their subwoofers are highly recommended though. And the reviews on the HB-1's are excellent. I have heard the Ventriloquist and was quite surprised by how well it sounded.

The biggest concern with the HB-1's would be the horn tweeter. People either love them or hate them. I don't see why not. A good speaker system should perform well with any material. To me, music is the hardest to reproduce so I always focus on that first. I figure if it can handle music, then the rest should be excellent as well. The only thing is, you do need an excellent sub for top quality movie playback but I think you've got that part covered
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

As for towers vs. bookshelves it's a never ending debate. I've always felt that a tower might be better in the 80-120hz range but that's also debatable. Besides, as another member once said, a good speaker is a good speaker, regardless of whether it's a tower or a bookshelf.

And as always, the Home Theater Forum creed applies: "proper setup and calibration is essential in order to get the most out of your system"
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
You don't need towers. If you are using a sub and sending the bass to the sub you are buying your bass twice and then turning it off in the towers. I'd look at Ascend Acoustics 200SE in the Hsu HB-1 price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks