What's new

Help needed with speaker decision. (1 Viewer)

vanmol

Grip
Real Name
knarf lomnav
HI---I'm new to this and it is driving me nutz. I have decided to go totally refurbished to get the best bang but other than the receiver, I"m finding it impossible to pick a Left, Right and Center speaker. Unless challanged, I will be going with a Marantz SR5004 or Onkyo TX SR 707 receiver for around $350. I need to keep the speaker cost to $200 or less each so that I can afford a subwoofer. I have found a Klipsch WC 24 center speaker for $200 originally $500 but with no experience I have no idea if this is a good choice.

With speakers there are so many options that I just can't decide which way to go. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
I would recommend going with at least the same speaker manufacture for all 5/7 you are doing. As far as speakers themselves I have heard good things about Energy speakers that are most likely in your price range I think.

vanmol

Grip
Real Name
knarf lomnav
dmiller68---thanks for the input. At this point I have chosen left and right monitor 70's with the CS2 center, both by Polk. The receiver witll be the Onkyo TX SR 707. I'll probably have to go with a wireless Sub to give me some leeway as to its location. Wish me luck. Frank

alecponting

Auditioning
Real Name
alec ponting
Hi..I want the speakers whose output is best when the bass of the song is increased,always it is lagging behind...

tjohnusa

Agent
Real Name
Terry John
Alec....I don't understand what you mean by bass lagging behind? Do you mean the sound is not in sync with the picture on your tv?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks