What's new

HELP - Need some "used car sales" movie clips (1 Viewer)

Scott Dautel

Second Unit
Working on a presentation for work & we want to incorporate some brief movie clips. What we are specifically looking for are funny scenes of car salesman (new or used) putting the hard sell on. We want examples of "good" salesman and "bad" salesman.

Please suggest any movies / scenes that we could use.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Didn't John Waters play a used car salesman in SOMETHING WILD? Haven't seen it in a while. Or the opening of NATIONAL LAMPOON'S VACATION is a classic one.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I'll second the opening to National Lampoon's Vacation. Classic.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Breaking Away has some nice used car sales scenes.

Specifically, Paul Dooley shouting "Refund? Refund?" :D

Brad

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
The Hot Spot (1990)
There are so many good reasons to own this movie:
Jennifer Connally at Hamilton Pool
Virginia Madsen
Grey Ghost at the piano
Don Johnson walking onto a used car lot he doesn't work at and selling a car.

Todd K

Second Unit
Probably not as sleazy as the others, but don't forget Milton Berle in The Muppet Movie! "Detachable fenders for narrow garages."

Scott Dautel

Second Unit
I know I could count on the HTF ... some really great tips here. I"ve never heard of Suckers, but that one looks perfect. Also, someone else mentioned Cadillac Man & it happens to be running on HBO this weekend.

Also remembering where Putty was selling a car to Jerry on Seinfeld ... "Undercoating ... we dont even know what that is..."

Thanks again and keep 'em coming.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
"Suckers" has some hilarious examples of exactly what you want. Specifically near the beginning of the movie when the sales manager at the dealership makes a deal.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Too bad the episode of the Simpsons is out on DVD (Where Homer becomes a User Car Salesman)...

"Did that salesman just cut one and then turn up the radio to try and cover it up??" :D

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Used cars has several scenes of great car commercials. There are a couple of ads that were aired in the movie when they hi-jacked the air waves, once during a presidential speech and another during a football game. They are great scenes.

I should add that this is an R-rated movie, so you might want to watch those scenes before you show them to an audience.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks