What's new

Help, My Girlfriend Is Sick (alcohol related) (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
she has survived. I forced her to drink water and eat. I bought her gatorade. I offered to get her alka seltzer. At least she drank the water. Today, she said she feels much better and has been eating and drinking gatorade and water all day.

On grander note, she loves me more than ever.

Thanks for all the help and wise cracks! :D

Hunter P

Screenwriter

Definitely. If it is still morning then I would have a Sausage McMuffin with Egg. Greasy food just tastes better after a night of drinking.

She obviously drank more than she could handle. Maybe she can now recognize her limits. I try to drink lots of water while I'm drinking. If not then I take one big glass of H2O just before I go to sleep for the night. Hangovers are usually caused by a dehydration of the brain. I swear by the drink-water method. I could drink until I but I still wake up hangover-free if I make sure to drink some water.:emoji_thumbsup:

Mike Veroukis

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael
An old buddy of mine who was in the Canadian Navy (which are known for their excesive drinking habbits) told me he'd use pure O2 (as found in most ambulances and hospitals) to clear up his hangovers. Another buddy of mine who's a paramedics seems to back that up. True or false??? No idea, but seems interesting.

- Mike

Shane Bos

Second Unit
How many people that have gone out drinking heavily the night before actually wake up early enough to make it to McDonalds in time for Breakfast.

AllanN

Supporting Actor

Im assumeting that he never went to sleep and morning just came around eventully.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Which works great until someone catches you using Mr. Jone's O2 supply as he's choking and gasping for air.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Amusing how Jack's query (why you consulted a message board rather than a licensed professional who is an expert in dealing with these situations) went totally unanswered.

Here's one for you "good Samaritans" out there:

Is it bad to drink my own urine? I mean, it is /mine/ afterall. Guys and gals, I really need your help with this one.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i think the real question should be, it is bad to be DUMB enough to drink your own urine. the answer is, no, its not bad to be that dumb at all :) and as for the topic at hand, when i happen to drink too much, which isnt too often, but before i go to bed, i always drink a half gallon (yes thats right) of water. it takes me a little while to do it, and despite having to get up a few times that night for the bathroom, i have never ever had a hangover after using this method.

CJ

Jack Shappa

Second Unit
Oh, while we're all here treating the HTF as the ER, I just accidentally sliced my wrist open with a carving knife. Blood is squirting everywhere and I'm beginning to feel a little light-headed. Should I call anyone or do you think I can sleep ... it.... af ;KUH dfk n

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
Upon graduating from college, a guy I know drank a gallon of milk in like an hour. Result: he's now lactose intolerant.

SethOakley

Agent
In response to Jack Shappa, try either drinking a gallon of milk or possibly your urine. The bleeding should stop immediately. HOwever, if you puke green slime head straight to the ER

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Why, yes, that would help, me thinks.

Being 'drunk' is, in large part, being oxygen deprived; as your blood fills up with alcohol, it can't transport as much oxygen to your brain.

There's a whack of other side effects, including dehydration, loss of vitamins/minerals and what not, of course.

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
A local radio station has a standing challenge to anyone who can drink 1 gallon of chocolate milk in one hour. Hundreds have tried, none have succeeded, all have hurled. I'd be very impressed if someone could pull it off.

Jason GT

Second Unit
Jack Shappa:

You need to cover the wound with those little silica packets.

They'll stop the bleeding by soaking up the blood.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks