What's new

HELP ME - Title of an old Movie!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Andy Overby

Stunt Coordinator
I was reading at another site of future DVD releases and saw "The Monster Squad" is coming out on DVD. This got me thinking about some of the other movies that were dear to me during my childhood.

I can remember bits and pieces of the movie.

-starts with one kid one a military base where his father/family works. I think his father is a pilot??

-He meets other like minded youths.

-remember one scene where they were launching water balloons off a roof at people in/near a pool.
**Edit - I remember them all "marching to the pool" with there towels and supplies for the water balloon launch.

-they end up stopping people from stealing weapons from the military base.

**EDIT - Seem to remember that they hung out in a big concrete room, like near and aqueduct or something (starting to remember more of it)

-cant remember much else.

PLEASE help, Im eager to see this again.

TIA!!

Andy

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Just a guess...but Toy Soldiers starring Sean Astin and Will Weaton?

Andy Overby

Stunt Coordinator
no, definately not "Toy Soilders" that was made in '91. I seem to believe this was in the mid 80's.

It was also on a military base or something like that, not at a school.

Thanks though!

Andy

PS: Sorry!!! This was originally put in the wrong section!

Andy Overby

Stunt Coordinator
Definately not Iron Eagle. Im familiar with that one with Louis Gosset Jr.

Pete: Not familiar with Jackie Coogan. Did a search on imdb for coogan's and nothing came up under them.

**edit - Jackie's grandson is Keith Coogan. He was in Toy Soilders, but nothing else in his filmography is right.

Thanks for the help so far guys, We have to be getting closer!

A

Andy Overby

Stunt Coordinator
Mike,

Yea, I know!! I was like 10 when I was watching these movies and I was not yet paying attention to any actors. I have searched all the young actors from that time that come to mind, such as the goonies kids, the kids from toy soldiers, as well as some others, but I just dont seem to come up with anything.

Please keep me posted if you guys think of anything!!

thanks

A

Andy Overby

Stunt Coordinator
nope it wasnt d.a.r.y.l (only one "r") was searching and could find nothing about it with 2 r's. I remember that movie, not it.

I sure do thank you guys for trying to help.

Maybe someone else can!

thanks again.

A

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
I'm trying to think of some 80's movies with kids on a military base. Surely there isn't a lot of 'em. Since Iron Eagle was already mentioned, how about the movie, "The Rescue" which starred Kevin Dillon?

Andy Overby

Stunt Coordinator
Score!!!!!

I figured it out!!!

It was a made for TV movie from Disney I think. Too bad it is no where to be found in buying form.

"The B.R.A.T. Patrol"
http://www.imdb.com/Title?0090680

I thought and thought all night about the actors from the movie, and remembered there was a kid from the movie "Explorers" in it - Jason Presson. Looked up his filmography and viola!

Sean Astin is also in it, but for some reason, I didnt catch the title when i looked at his filmography. Oh well!

Thanks for trying to help!!

If anyone knows where I can get a copy of this, it would be very appreciated.

Thanks again!! -Andy

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I remember that movie!

It was cheesy but kinda cool. And to be honest with you I was thinking of it when I ws reading the first post.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks