What's new

Help me pick a reciever! (1 Viewer)

jrussell

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
jason russell
Im starting from scratch and trying to build a decent system.

Since Im starting from scratch I want to start with a good reciever. Im looking for 5.1 in the living room but want a set of speakers in the dining room also for entertaining.

Dont have a 3D tv and will not be getting one either. Have a LED now and dont want to get anything else anytime soon.

Tossing around ideas here and since Ive been out of the loop for quite some time now I figured I would ask here for help and opinions.

Would love to stay under $500

Onkyo HT-RC260 7.2

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/675314-REG/Onkyo_HT_RC260_HT_RC260_7_2_Channel_Home.html

Denon AVR-791

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_24927_Denon+AVR-791.html

Anything else I should be considering?

Jason

Andrew Pierce

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Pierce
I just picked up the HT-RC260 for around $300. I was also looking at the Denon, but at that price on the Onkyo is a screaming deal. I had the older and way more expensive Onkyo TX-SR705, but it didn't have proper 1080p upsampling and was short on HDMI ports. So far I'm digging the new unit. It sounds great, seems to have plenty of power and features. I don't care that it's missing the THX certification and post processing from the TX-SR608, and even if I cared a little, I wouldn't pay $100 more for them.

jrussell

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
jason russell
Thanks guys. Looks like I have some price shopping to do on that Onkyo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks