What's new

Help Me Choose the Correct Room, Please (1 Viewer)

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
A 12" riser is pretty high, and you would also need a step. Most people seem to build risers about 8" high(2X8's with one or 2 layers of 3/4" plywood or OSB). BUT the riser obviously needs to be high enough for the rear seat viewers to see the entire screen, over the heads of the people seated in front. So it depends on the type and height of seats, the height of the viewers, and how far off the floor the bottom of screen is. You won't know for sure until you actually have the furniture in place, with people sitting in them. At Avsforum, there is a "Riser Height Calculator" to help you determine the height of riser needed, but I don't know how accurate it is. It's in the "Dedicated Theater Design and Construction" section. A room with a ceiling mounted projector looks more professional. Does that theater store have any DLP's for you to view? I would not rule out DLP projectors. Yes, you can ceiling mount wherever it works with your screen size, and within the throw range.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks