What's new

HELP.. LG BD-390 CANT WATCH NEW HARRY POTTER BLU-RAY (1 Viewer)

Stiffy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
I have an LG BD-390 I am falling out of love with, For the second time in a year or so I have bought a new movie (Harry Potter Deathly hallows P1) and the software / firmware cannot decrypt this movie. I know this because this is the 3rd blu ray disk I have put in in 24hrs..They all freeze in relatively the same place! I am running the latest firmware/software as I called LG. This has happened 3 different times now and the appropriate update takes 6-8 weeks, then you have to activley look for it. Their CSR indirectly confirmed my suspicions.

Question 1: Do all Blu-ray player manufacturers experience a software up date "lag"?

Question 2: I love the upscale in this player for my older disks. do most players do as well now?

Question 3:What do I buy next (relatively priced), as I am ready to put this on e-bay tomorrow

BTW the Harry Potter movie mentioned above came with BR and non BR DVDs and the non BR plays fine. Only the BR DVD freezes on the LG BR player.

Thanks for any and all help,

Stiffy

Stiffy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
That was my wife's addition as she proof read my post, Demonstrating our mutual frustration over the situation! Thank you for your contribution. Shame on me, I told her how helpful people on this site have been.

Stiffy

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
1. The frequency and necessity of firmware updates will vary by manufacturer. Generally, Sony, Panasonic and Oppo are the best at keeping their firmware updated and having the best compatibility with BDs.

2. All BD players will upscale SD-DVD's. How well they do this, though, will vary by manufacturer and model.

3. If you are looking for a lower priced player, based on your requirement for timely firmware updates, I would look at Panasonic and Sony models that have the features and pricing to fit your needs. Oppo makes an excellent BD player, but it sells for $500.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks