What's new

HELP! I'm addicted to Qdoba! (1 Viewer)

Todd_B

Second Unit
Mmmmm...Qdoba is right :)
Just had one last night and what makes it all the sweeter? We have a Chipotles opening up a block down from our local Qdoba.
Life is good :D
Todd B:

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Dave - which one in Milwaukee do you frequent?
Scott, I usually hit the one on Hwy 100 across the street from Krispy Kreme. (and yes, once I did eat at Qdoba and then went and bought a dozen doughnuts :b)

Now, I have one on Mayfair & Bluemound... but usually that one is too crowded or there's no place to park.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
Actually, that's not a bad idea. If you want to eat there, run that mile. (or walk, and gradually work up to sprinting.) Keeps the weight off.

SteveLa

Stunt Coordinator
Oh yeah...I love this place. I usually will go for a chicken queso burrito and a side of chips and queso. Rarely can I finish both.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
How exactly do you pronounce the name?

There is at least two here in town and I've never been to one. :b

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
PS - Wait until you get a Baja Fresh = the best!
If they didn't add tomatoes to everything, I would probably frequent them more often. I don't like tomatoes in my guacamole. :thumbsdown:
I really need to check Qdoba. There's only one in central OH and it's 13 miles away from my home.

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
I like Baja Fresh a lot, but I like Moe's better (they are finally making their way into MI). I think Pancheros is about as good as Moe's but you don't get chips or anything with your burrito. And when you buy them, there aren't many chips in the bag.

I will have to check out Qdoba. It looks like they have some good specialty burritos. They are right near my wife's work so maybe I can convince her to bring some home sometime.

How is DelTaco? I know it is more on par w/ Taco Bell but it seems like it would be better looking at the selections. They opened one about 20 mins from the house (first one in MI). Their first week here was unreal it was so busy. I was going to get some Sat night at midnight but the cars were wrapped around the building.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
OK, so what does one normally eat at Qdoba? I tried one when they first hit town a few years ago and was served a gigantic burrito full of flavorless beans and little else. Haven't been back since but I'm willing to give it another go with some decent recommendations.

I do like Baja Fresh but for me they go overboard on the cilantro. I wind up tasting it all night so I don't eat there as much as I would like. While everything they make is indeed fresh, it's not made to order so you can't easily ask for your food without cilantro, onions, tomatoes, or what have you.

I love Mexican food but the only authentic places in SE Michigan reguire a long drive to Southwest Detroit hence I'm forced to obsess over the Mexican fast food joints.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
was served a gigantic burrito full of flavorless beans and little else.
I pretty much stick to the steak-fajita ranchera religiously. I've had a few servers forget to put ranchera sauce on... or the grilled vegetables. They look at me kinda funny when I tell them how they're supposed to be making it.
Once in a while I'll get the kid who apparently loves sour cream.... he's pretty heavy handed with that scooper.
I've tried Chipotle also, they're pretty similar. Chipotle seems to use a little better quality steak and hotter salsa. (I don't think Qdoba's "hot" is all that hot) but there's something about Qdoba that I prefer. I can't put my finger on it.
Right now, I've got a Juan's Mexicali across the street from where the new Qdoba is going in. The food is okay... but nothing on their menu really seems to jump out at me... and they always seem to screw up my order.

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor
I've tried Chipotle also, they're pretty similar. Chipotle seems to use a little better quality steak and hotter salsa.
You know, I don't think I've even tried the steak at QDoba -- I really like the ground sirloin. I certainly didn't care much for Chipotle's steak, and I think QDoba has much better flavor overall. Their extra-hot salsa isn't too bad if you get an extra quantity.
Chipotle was OK in a pinch when they showed up here before QDoba, but now that QDoba has opened, I haven't been back to Chipotle since. However, they're getting ready to open a Panchero's. I had that once in Minneapolis and liked it quite a bit. I may have to alternate between QDoba and Panchero's :)

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
IMO Qdoba and Chipotle are very expensive for a burrito. Then again, there are tons of tex/mex restaurants around my area so I don't have to rely on chain store burritos.

Also, they make for a great hangover cure come Saturday morning.
Obviously you have not heard about Zantac (yes, the stomach acid reducer). This stuff is the miracle cure (take before, during, or the morning after... it works!).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks