Help identifying a movie (horror?)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Josh Sieg, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Josh Sieg

Josh Sieg Second Unit

Okay, so I was sick once on a Saturday morning. I had a HIGH fever. I remember this so well because the family would go garage saling on Saturday mornings, and I was totally bummed out that I couldn't go. I was about 8 or 9 years old at the time.

Anways, I remember this movie scaring the crap out of me, and the fact that I had a fever wasn't helping. There's only one part I remember of this movie. I believe it took place at a carnival. I remember seeing a syringe going inside of a brain. And I think a monkey started screaming and going nuts.

Hardly any details, but this has plagued me for years. PROPS to anyone who can figure this out. And I won't know if you're right until I rent it, or what not.

Thanks in advance! [​IMG]

2. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

Monkey Shines

3. Josh Sieg

Josh Sieg Second Unit

Looks like this could be it. Thanks!

I had another friend say it was The Howling IV, but I think this ones more likely.

4. Jay E

Jay E Cinematographer

What year did you see this and was the syringe going into a human's brain or a monkey's brain?

5. Richard_D_Ramirez

Richard_D_Ramirez Second Unit

What I'd like to know is what channel was playing a horror flick on a Saturday morning?!?

8^B

6. Josh Sieg

Josh Sieg Second Unit

Alright, well this movie came on TV around 12:00 noon or 1:00, don't remember exactly.

As for the syringe, I'd like to think it was a human brain, but I'm not sure. I think it was kept in some kind of a jar.

7. Josh Sieg

Josh Sieg Second Unit

And it must have been 1993-1994 when I saw it.

8. Josh Sieg

Josh Sieg Second Unit

[​IMG]

9. Mark Hawley

Mark Hawley Second Unit

Did the whole film take place in a Carnival? Because if not, it could be Tiffany's flashback scene in Hellraiser 2 which intercuts Carnival/Clown (she's looking into a funhouse mirror)imagery with scenes of her having brain surgery.

Dr. Channard has a flashback as well that has a shot of him peforming brain surgery and there's a shot of him sticking a needle into someone's brain.

But I don't recollect any screaming monkeys.

10. Josh Sieg

Josh Sieg Second Unit

Man this is sure tough. I was so young when I saw it. I guess I'll have to check out what you guys reocmmended and see for myself!

11. Josh Sieg

Josh Sieg Second Unit

Doesn't look like Monkey Shines was the movie I've been looking for, I'll have to check out the others.

Thanks!