Help! I need to be a HT expert by tomorrow!!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by BrettisMckinney, Feb 16, 2005.

1. BrettisMckinney

BrettisMckinney Second Unit

Ok so i have landed a job at a new Audio Visual superstore, i have a basic knowledge, well a fair bit away from nothing, but im still worried. I have spent the last week settting all the gear up for a big demo room.

Tomorrow is the first day of opening, and my weakest area of knowledge would be these subjects-

DLP Tv's
    Rear pro LCDS
    Plamas
    Set top boxs ie, SD/HDTV

If you know of any handly links or give a quick rundown on small specifics that would be awesome. Just dont want a nerdy customer to come in and go, so does this do that? Ahhh!

Thanks guys

2. Jeremy Swenson

Jeremy Swenson Stunt Coordinator

read the primer here, it has a ton of information, most everything that someone could ask you is in there,,, do you have any specific questions about anything, other than a general need to know all info?

3. Jeremy Swenson

Jeremy Swenson Stunt Coordinator

4. BrettisMckinney

BrettisMckinney Second Unit

yeah nah thats great thanks man, forgot that was there! CHeers!

5. Dave Dahl

Dave Dahl Stunt Coordinator

Good luck with the new job. I've been selling A/V gear for 3 1/2 years and still get a kick out of it.

Does your store offer any training for sales associates? I find it difficult to belive that they would open a new store without making sure the staff had a basic understanding of the things they sell.

-Dave

6. Travis_R

Travis_R Stunt Coordinator

Hey for DLP check out my Link below "HOW DLP WORKS", there is a flash demo/vid clip there about 2 mins long that really lays out how it works, click where it says "Launch The Demo", its Pretty cool. Good Luck

7. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

Study not only what each one stands for but and most importantly the pros and cons of both. That to me is the true requirement of a salesman. Good luck.