What's new

Help! I need to be a HT expert by tomorrow!! (1 Viewer)

BrettisMckinney

Second Unit
Ok so i have landed a job at a new Audio Visual superstore, i have a basic knowledge, well a fair bit away from nothing, but im still worried. I have spent the last week settting all the gear up for a big demo room.

Tomorrow is the first day of opening, and my weakest area of knowledge would be these subjects-

DLP Tv's
Rear pro LCDS
Plamas
Set top boxs ie, SD/HDTV

If you know of any handly links or give a quick rundown on small specifics that would be awesome. Just dont want a nerdy customer to come in and go, so does this do that? Ahhh!

Thanks guys

Jeremy Swenson

Stunt Coordinator
read the primer here, it has a ton of information, most everything that someone could ask you is in there,,, do you have any specific questions about anything, other than a general need to know all info?

Dave Dahl

Stunt Coordinator
Good luck with the new job. I've been selling A/V gear for 3 1/2 years and still get a kick out of it.

Does your store offer any training for sales associates? I find it difficult to belive that they would open a new store without making sure the staff had a basic understanding of the things they sell.

-Dave

Travis_R

Stunt Coordinator
Hey for DLP check out my Link below "HOW DLP WORKS", there is a flash demo/vid clip there about 2 mins long that really lays out how it works, click where it says "Launch The Demo", its Pretty cool. Good Luck

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Study not only what each one stands for but and most importantly the pros and cons of both. That to me is the true requirement of a salesman. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks