What's new

HELP, I need the factory settings off your TV!!! (1 Viewer)

wnnabepro

Agent
Real Name
Micah
So I was watching Sherlock Holmes (Game Of Shadows) last night on Blu-Ray and the lip sync (sound after picture) was really bad!! So I pulled up the menu on my AVR (Denon 591) and adjusted the delay to the max (200ms) and it was a little better, but still off. So I grabbed my Watchman Blu-Ray and put that in (i have always had issues with the lip sync on that disc) and it was just as bad. So I went into the service menu on my TV (Samsung LN55B650) and went to the sound menu and started setting things to 0.........EXCEPT I FORGOT TO TAKE PICTURES BEFORE I CHANGED THE SETTINGS..........SO NOW IT IS REALLY SCREWED IT UP!!!
Here is what I did (all the locations that show 0 were from me....i didn't mess with the other ones)
ec57e095_IMG_1122.jpeg

So if anyone has the Samsung LN55B650 and there willing to give me the factory setting, I would be forever in your debt!!! The craziest thing about this whole thing is, there is no lip sync problems on DVD or from my cable box.....only on some Blu-Ray disc's and only when watching Blu-Ray and its starting to get very old. It all started happening about a 8 months after there current TV firmware upgrade and my TV won't let me replace the new firmware with the old firmware.
Anyways, if anyone could help me out here I would really appreciate it!!

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Sorry, Micah to hear of your problems. I wish I could help with the solution - short of suggesting you read through the manual for the TV and see if there's an option for a factory reset...

One question, though, if you have a Denon 591 receiver that has full HDMI 1.4 support - why would making adjustments to the TV's sound settings have any effect? There should be no audio signal even passing through the TV?

I realize you have bigger issues to deal with at the moment, but if you get the TV up and running again, perhaps we can offer some help in determining what the cause of the delay is and whether or not there's something we can do to fix that.

Best of luck.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I'm not "exactly up" on all things LCD, but...
You shouldn't have been messing with sound stuff...
There are VIDEO settings in LCD to make up for motion blur(turn em off)
There are settings to attempt to increase the refresh rate(turn em off)
Then you might get the lip sync problem sorted. And this sounds more like a BD problem anyway.

wnnabepro

Agent
Real Name
Micah
@ Jason Charlton - I'm not running any sound out of the TV. The problem is, the sound that comes out of my home theater speakers happens before the picture. When someone says "yes", you hear the sound and then about a half second to one second there mouth will move and you can see they said yes. it is almost like the TV cannot process the picture signal fast enough. I did chat with a Samsung tech this morning and they suggested using HDMI 2 instead of HDMI 1. Which after he said that, it does make "some" (i'm using "some" very lightly...he he) sense. The HDMI 1 port on the LN55B650 serves as a dual purpose port (which means there could be more processing that happens in that port). HDMI 1 Port is labeled as DVI but is a HDMI jack/port. Now I have no clue if the DVI/HDMI Port 1 is 1.3 or 1.4 cause the owners manual has no specs for the version of HDMI Ports. Anyways, I plugged the HDMI cable into the HDMI 2 Port and the lip sync problem is almost none existent.......BUT, I still do not know if due to me messing with the audio settings it has affected all of the HDMI ports. Only time will tell and if I can reset the factory settings back, then we will finally know for sure.

wnnabepro

Agent
Real Name
Micah
@ schan1269 - You are completely right, I should not have been messing around with the service menu sound (or anything in the service menu for that matter) settings. But, it was late and I was tired of the issue and my brain was not working properly....lame excuse I know :) I did however look for some type of settings or parameters to adjust the picture to sound delay on the TV, but I could not find any and my next logical choice was messing with the sound processing parameters on the TV. I do have motion blur off and the refresh rate is off as well.....thanks for the tip though :) I replied to another posting and in that posting I think I may have found the solution.....more info to come!!!

wnnabepro

Agent
Real Name
Micah
Just a FYI for everyone, my TV (Samsung LN55B650) and Blu-Ray Player (Samsung BD-C5500) is HDMI 1.3. My AVR (Denon DHT-591) is HDMI 1.4. These specs shouldn't make any difference but I wanted to put them out there.

bryan4999

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bryan Forbes
Not that this helps at all, but I have a Samsung display in one room, a Sony Bravia in another, and an Optomo projector in my HT, I have an audio receiver for each one (in other words, the monitor receives picture only and sound comes from the receiver) and the Samsung is the only one I have sync issues with. It's like the Samsung changes the timing of the video somehow. Drives me nuts on some titles. I have the "smooth motion" turned off because it makes even the most filmic looking blu-ray loo like video. If there is a fix for this I am definitely interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks