What's new

Help, I can't see the Disney Logo!!! (1 Viewer)

Dennis Collins

Auditioning
If anyone can help me I would appreciate it. I have a Sony KV40XBR700 TV with a Hughes Hirde86 Directv HD tuner, and when my kids are watching the Disney channel the logo which is located in the lower left hand corner is barely visible. On my cheap TV you can see the entire logo!!! My wife keeps saying "I can't believe we paid $3,000 for a tv that doesn't even show as much picture as our $300 set"
Thank you,
Dennis:frowning:

Chris Chang

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds like you just have too much overscan. I don't know how to get into the service menu on your tv, but maybe someone else can help you...

Dennis Collins

Auditioning
I know how to get into the service mode but I don't have any idea what I need to change. There are a lot of items in the service mode and I don't want to screw anything up!!! Thanks anyway!!!
Does anyone else know which item I can adjust in the sevice mode for a Sony KV40XBR700 TV???

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I'm not familiar with that TV, so I'm not sure what the problem may be.

However, that being said, to me it doesn't sound like an overscan problem. I can't imagine the overscan being that out of whack out of the box. The Disney Logo is pretty big and that would require the overscan to be so screwed up that the logo was barely visible.

BruceSpielbauer

Second Unit
The most likely things to suspect:

1.) Does the Hughes E86 have a setting for your television's display size which could be set incorrectly? (I do not know if the Hughes has this. My own HDTV set top box for DirecTv does, though).
2.) Does your Hughes E86 have different aspect ratio controls? Are you watching in one which is correct for the Disney Channel's 4 X 3 aspect ratio?
3.) What about the aspect ratio settings for your TV? Are you watching in a mode which avoids any cropping?
4.) Overscan is also a possibility, as mentioned in another reply, but I would check all of the above first, before you begin to adjust that. Adjusting overscan can be a bit tricky, and it can require re-adjusting other settings (geomtery, convergence, etc.)

-Bruce in Chi-Town

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks