What's new

Help hooking surround sound/DVD/TV/Dish (1 Viewer)

greg buggy

Auditioning
I have a Regent HT391(made by Lenoxx)HT. There are no directions on hooking up a DVD/Dish/TV/HT.

The HT has 3 sets of audio inputs and a video in and out.The TV which is also a monitor has 2 sets of 3 RCA plugs 1 in and 1 out. 1 Cable connection and a set of 2 variable RCA outputs. There is a switch for TV speakers or your own.
Any help would be appreciated for this newbie. Thanks

greg buggy

Auditioning
I am still lost. I see no hook up for Dish/DVD/TV/HT. The dish has 3 rca outputs and a cable output. The DVD has 3 rca outputs. They also have the S output but it's no help old TV bought in 91. my e mail is [email protected] for help. Thanks

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Normally you would want to send all your video signals to the Regent, but unfortunately it only has only one video input. So instead, you will have to send the video from the DVD player and the Dish receiver to the separate inputs the TV has. Video is carried on the yellow jacks. The red and white jacks are audio; you’ll want to send them to the Regent, not the TV.

DVD connections are shown on page 13. The player’s audio jacks go to the Regent’s “DVD” input.

You can use the “Aux” jacks for the Dish receiver’s audio.

You will have to change the input on both the Regent and the TV when you use the system. So, when you want to watch a DVD you’ll have to select “DVD” on the Regent, and say, “Video 1” on the television.

For the Dish, you’ll select “Aux” on the Regent, and “Video 2” on the TV.

Make sense?

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks