What's new

help finding a screen... (1 Viewer)

CALL911

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ben
One would think this would be simple given that I know what I want. However it seems as though I am having a difficult time finding what meets my criterea so I thought I would ask for anyone who might know to lend a hand.
I am looking for a fixed frame, grey screen, 125" diagonal. 123" diagonal would suffice, and 127"+ is getting too large. I would like to have larger than 120" diagonal. Looking to keep this under $900 (would prefer under $700 if possible).
I have found some that are close, but not any that fit this criterea.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
contact Carada...they will make a screen at any size you request.

CALL911

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ben
Wow, thanks! Carada has just the right sized screen I was looking for!
My only concern (and this is the true lack of knowledge on my part) is that the screens they have are a different aspect ratio than the 16:9 projector I was going to get. Their screen that fits the size I was looking for has an aspect ratio of 1.78 to 1. I guess I am not sure what this means exactly or if this is compatable. To which, I would really appreciate any help anyone can give me.
Projectorcentrals calculator gave me exact sizes that it would project at exact distances. From that I have an exact screen size I was looking for. Carada has a size that fits this projector perfect for the throw distance I wanted. From my limited understanding, aspect ratio was just the dimensional shape of the screen. In my limited thinking, if the number of the height, and length of the projection from my projector, and the number of the height and length of the actual Carada screen are the same, it would make sense to me that this would work. But I don't know.
Any help???

Bobofbone

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
Probably would work. If your projector has a lense that zooms, you should be able to fit a range. If you already have the projector you will be using, set it up and project on the wall, You should be able to find out what size screen is best before you buy or make it.

CALL911

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ben
I spoke with the people at Carada. It seems it will work! Thanks for the help.

CALL911

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ben
Yeah, thats what carada mentioned as well. I am pumped that they will be able to get me exactly what I need!
Thanks again so much for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks