Help - Classe SSP-50 - problem with DTS source?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by LarrySkelly, Jul 1, 2003.

1. LarrySkelly

LarrySkelly Stunt Coordinator

Received my Classe SSP-50 pre-pro, purchased on Audiogon, and I must say that the 2 channel sound quality is really good. Incredibly quiet, and much more bass than I had before.

Ditto for Dolby Digital.

However I'm having problems with a DTS source. The processor recognizes it, but all I'm getting is distorted sound out of the front three channels, using either coax or toslink. Any Classe owners out there? Does this sound at all familiar?

In all other modes the processor and preamp work flawlessly. I don't see how a DTS signal could not be processed properly, unless the software is at fault. The DAC's and remainder of the circuitry work perfectly. Using version 1.52. Any thoughts?

Larry

2. Mark C.

Mark C. Supporting Actor

How about the set-up menu on the DVD player. Sometimes you have to manually turn on the DTS signal in the DVD player so it sends the signal to the processor.

3. Frank_S

Frank_S Supporting Actor

Larry, since you live in Canada, why not give Classe a call. I've called them numerous times, although on occassion you get someone who says "you should contact your local dealer". Give them a call anyway, maybe you have a faulty processor.

4. Daniel T.

Daniel T. Agent

5. LarrySkelly

LarrySkelly Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the ideas guys.

But the DVD player worked with my Marantz receiver. It is (still) set to output a DTS signal.

I've already emailed Armin at Classe customer service, will call him when I get a chance. Thought I would see if you folks had any ideas, in parallel.

Larry