What's new

Help choosing a new sound system. (1 Viewer)

SeanWin

Auditioning
Hey, I'm new around here. I'm 15, and don't know too much about TVs or audio setups. We just bought a 57" Hitachi Projection HDTV which is being delivered Saturday, but we still haven't bought a sound system. My parents told me to find out as much info as possible before we go looking around. We have the wiring and everything hooked up for a 5.1 system. Do you guys have any suggestions for reciever&speakers? Money isn't that big of an issue right now. Personally, I'd like something with DDS, and that also upconverts "flat" (is that the right word? I don't know..example: TV) signals to PL2. Any suggestions/comments, or are there better things than what I want? Thanks

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor
money isn't that big of a deal? you've got to give us some type of budget because i could be offering you a 50,000 dollar system versus a 2000 dollar system.....

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
I agree that it would be most helpful if you could list a budget range of some type.

Also what components do you need? Reciever, speakers, sub? I am sure that once you answer these short questions, you will find many responses.

Good luck,

Brandon

SeanWin

Auditioning
Good point... Ok, as for a budget, I'm guessing around the $500-$2000 range. And we need a reciever, speakers, and a sub.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Even that range (500-2000) is huge. For $500 you can barely get the cheapest receiver on the market plus a pair of entry level speakers but $2000 could probably replace both my 5.1 system which sounds better than any cineplex that i've heard and my stereo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks