What's new

HELP!!! Can't get my home theater fully setup! (1 Viewer)

Mitchell Weir

Auditioning
Real Name
FactoryFreak
Hey guys. I need some help hooking up my home theater system to get my TV/Cable/PS3 to play through my Home Theater.
I HAVE -
42'' Sanyo DP42841
RCA RTD317W ---- http://www.walmart.com/ip/Rca-Home-Theater-Upconverting-DVD/11319409
PS3
I have a HDMI Cable, RCA Cables (5plug), and a single video cable that came with the home theater system. I can purchase whatever else I need to make this work.
AUX IN - AUD IN - OPTICAL - DVD -TUNER -- These are my selections for input on the RCA system.
Has a 3.5mm jack in the front as well.
PLEASE HELP ME MAKE THIS WORK!
I can't for the life of me figure it out, and the two people at walmart I spoke to obviously didn't know what they were talking about.
Thanks everyone!
PS, it works great with a DVD in, but that's all I can get to work haha.

NickSI

Stunt Coordinator
ok you are experiancing the trouble with some HTiB which is lack of inputs... What I would do is plug your PS3 HDMI into the TV and then the SPDIF optical into the RCA unit. you can set the PS3 to output this way. Is your cable through a box? if so you might need to get an optical selector. If it isn't you would have to connect the red and white connectors at the bottom of the side to the RCA.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I've decided I'm not littering my computer with anymore HTiB manuals...
It would help to post a picture of the back...
I would assume "Aux in" is the 1/8th on the front for cell phones, ipods etc...
With only one optical input, you need one of these...(for the PS3 and set top box)
http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Go-28734-Explorer-Selector/dp/B0002OF2FC/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1349198277&sr=1-1&keywords=toslink+switch
You also need to find out if this thing can decode DTS. If it can't you need to default your PS3 to DD.

Mitchell Weir

Auditioning
Real Name
FactoryFreak
Ok, I got an optical cable and now have sound from PS3 to RCA =)...however I don't have sound from tv to RCA.
Btw, cable goes from wall to back of tv. No cable boxes.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Your TV has a FIXED ANALOG audio output.
Your HTiB will treat that just like a CD player, cassette deck...or any piece of audio created in the last 60 years that has RCA connections.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Your TV has this RCA connection in RED/White marked "output".
Your HTiB has this RCA connection in RED/White marked "input".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks