What's new

Help Building a Gamng Computer Please (1 Viewer)

BenS

Stunt Coordinator
I would love to build a gaming rig but I do not have any experience building a computer and I have no idea what parts manufacturers build quality reliable parts. I have went to dell before but this time I would like to try it myself.

I am looking to spend no more than $1500 preferably under $1000 ready to turn on. I don't need a monitor, speakers, or keyboard and mouse.

My few requirements are:

Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 or greater

2mb Ram or greater

8800 GTS or greater

Can somebody help me out with the other components that I would require to build a new machine?

Thanks for your patience with me and for the help I appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ben

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
The Antec P180 case is the one to beat. I don't think anyone has, yet. Quiet, smart design, etc.

Combine that with a Scythe Ninja CPU-cooler and you can run that without fans, as it will take advantage of the two large fans in the computer case to get great airflow anyway.

Visit http://www.silentpcreview.com to look at what they recommend for nice silent PSU's. Just keep in mind that with an 8800 as your graphics adapter you probably want to be in the 500 watt range for the powersupply.

BenS

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys I appreciate the information. If anyone else has some suggestions the more info the better since I a noob at building.

BenS

Stunt Coordinator
So what bobby posted is all I need to get my computer built and ready to play games? I know i need an OS but that's it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks