What's new

Help ASAP long cable run what is the best option? (1 Viewer)

KyleS

Screenwriter
We are needing to hookup a computer to a projector here at work and need to know what is the best option for running long runs? The length will be 60 foot minimum depending on which route we go with the cable and 120 foot max. Will S-video be the best route or should we use the SVGA connection? RGB?. Which over that distance would give the best picture or any at all? and would any of the choices be able to go the 120' route (Around the sides of the room) so we dont have to go straight through the middle of the room?
Thanks,
KyleS

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
Kyle - I would avoid long runs of SVHS cable. However, WSR did a 100ft test of the Monster ISF certified M1000sv and detected no visible degredation, but some measureable loss. SVHS cable was simply not designed well for long runs. If you can, go with component or well shielded VGAs
Elbert

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
I'd agree that component is the only way to go.
SVideo is 2 wires, twisted, 30 ga in size.
Component is 3 wires, each 18 ga in size for RG6 coax. Much thicker, and more seperation.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Kyle,
The professional standard for computer to projector is RGB +horizontal and vertical sync, via SVGA connectors.
Your best bet is to get in touch with a local audio/visual company. If they can’t sell you an off-the-shelf cable for the length you need, they can make one.
Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
------------------
My Equipment List

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks