What's new

Hell's Kitchen Season 6 (1 Viewer)

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Interesting article about the goings-on behind the scenes on a few popular shows, including Hell's Kitchen. Nothing too too suprising, and not *that* many juicy tidbits, but still an interesting read.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_12975375

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Dave on this show IS the man. Whether he wins or not, his effort this season is one of those things that makes you say: you DESERVE to win.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by mattCR

Dave on this show IS the man. Whether he wins or not, his effort this season is one of those things that makes you say: you DESERVE to win.
Totally agree! When I hear Dave in the interviews, it never sounds to me like he's head chef material, BUT, he has definitely proved himself several times over this show.

One thing that has occurred to me over the weeks... I can't see how these people could continue to think they could influence the eliminations. No matter who has been chosen, Ramsay has always called them out and singled out exactly who should be considered each week.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
It just floors me how all of the chief's smoke on their break....no wonder they don't do well in the blind taste test...

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Originally Posted by Martino

It just floors me how all of the chief's smoke on their break....no wonder they don't do well in the blind taste test...

Ha ha, very good point. I didn't even think about their taste buds being affected. I had noticed that they smoke a heckuva lot though.

So, final 3...who takes it? My money's on Dave right now. Kevin seems the favourite but I see a fall from grace fairly soon.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Great finish.

I think Dave had the smart plan. He knew his "chefs" would be people he had cooked with before. So, he built a menu around something that would be hard to f- up and wouldn't derail their kitchen. His orders went smooth from beginning to end with very few hiccups. Compared to the chaos on Kevin's side, it was actually a pretty easy decision.
Sometimes you have to know your people and design around what helps.

I did notice this season must have seriously cut budget. I say this because in all previous seasons, the chefs have "designed" their restaurant. This year, they didn't do that.

Matt_Vaudrin

Stunt Coordinator
Originally Posted by mattCR

Great finish.

I think Dave had the smart plan. He knew his "chefs" would be people he had cooked with before. So, he built a menu around something that would be hard to f- up and wouldn't derail their kitchen. His orders went smooth from beginning to end with very few hiccups. Compared to the chaos on Kevin's side, it was actually a pretty easy decision.
Sometimes you have to know your people and design around what helps.

I did notice this season must have seriously cut budget. I say this because in all previous seasons, the chefs have "designed" their restaurant. This year, they didn't do that.
Well last season the winner was going to be Head Chef at a brand new restaurant, so they were able to design it. This year, the winner became Head Chef at an already established restaurant that has been open for at least a decade, so he probably wouldn't be designing the restaurant.

I honestly can't remember any seasons from before the last one, so I don't recall if they did that in previous ones.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Matt_Vaudrin

Well last season the winner was going to be Head Chef at a brand new restaurant, so they were able to design it. This year, the winner became Head Chef at an already established restaurant that has been open for at least a decade, so he probably wouldn't be designing the restaurant.

I honestly can't remember any seasons from before the last one, so I don't recall if they did that in previous ones.
They've done the "design-a-side" thing every season (of the US version) but this one. Traditionally the finale (that is, the final two chefs) has been 2-hours long, whereas this time it was only a single hour teamed with the "final 3" episode.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Kevin probably should have won, much better menu filled with the type of food expected from a high end restaurant, but he didn't have the staff behind him to support him. Not so much that they were out to see him lose, it was just a much tougher menu.

Dave went simpler, staying within the skill level of the people he knew he had to work with, so it worked out better and he won.

What doomed Kevin was Amanda or whoever it was with the scallops. One of the easiest and quickest dishes to cook, yet she constantly screwed it up, which just flowed on down the line, messing up the timing of everything else. The rest of the group may have been able to pull it off, but the timing was off and it all started with her.

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
How come Tennille wasn't back as part of the finalist's teams? Also, the teams were chosen from six of the last finalists instead of eight.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
How come Tennille wasn't back as part of the finalist's teams?
Perhaps she was unavailable, or did not want to come back (assuming she was not contractually obligated)

Not to sound too un-PC, but it seems to me that in the past others of her similar type get bitter once they get booted (we saw one significant head butting session between her and Ramsay in one episode)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks