What's new

Hello guys (1 Viewer)

jy0522

Auditioning
Real Name
James
Hey guys i have SONY HT-DDW700 sound system

and I've connected that to DVD with the cord they gave me the orange one. Digital Audio or something. And from DVD i ran s video up to my projector

everything is OKOKOKOk ican see the picture and hear the sound..
BUT only sound i hear is the surround sound and the sub woofer. I do not hear the regular sound like people talking from front speaker.

Is it because i dindt connected RCA (L, R) Audio cable? if i have to connect that. do i connect from dvd out to sound system in?

please help me.thanks guys

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
I am not sure. Did you check your connections on all the speakers and the receiver?

The orange cable is a digital coax connection. The DVD player sends a bitstream signal (digital audio) to the receiver via the digital coax. It supports all channels and the analog connection would not have any affect on the sound.

Have you tried using the tuner or some other source such as a vcr or cd player connected analog L/R RCA. If the front channels or center do not work when surround sound is activated then it could be one of two things: the receiver or the speaker (or possibly the wire connecting them, though it is unlikely).

If it does work when connected analog it is either the internal digital processor on the sony receiver or the dvd player.

What DVD player do you have?

Seth=L

jy0522

Auditioning
Real Name
James
yes everything is connected. when you do the tone check it will come out fine. when you go to FM radio from sony unit. the radio comes out very clearly from all speakers. I called sony and they said push the input button on the unit and make sure its on digital and not on analog

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
I sorry, did you ever find a solution to that problem, if so what was it? I was baffled as to how that could have happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks