Hello from Southeast Michigan

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kc49, Apr 8, 2012.

1. kc49

kc49 Auditioning

Hello. I came across this forum and found that there is quite a nice selection of topics from movies, to theater systems, etc. Really thought it was cool. Also thought some of the things about film preservation was awesome too, as one of my pet peeves is companies choosing modernization over preservation (Mainly logos.)

2. Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton Ambassador

Jason Charlton
    Welcome Chris!

No doubt you can find a subforum here for just about any home-theater related topic. For everything else, there's the After Hours Lounge - so we've got you covered!

Funny you should mention studio logos. It's something I never really thought much about, except I've come to realize there are a handful of my favorite movies where I KNOW which logo was originally there, and seeing something different always seems to take me out of the film immediately.

See you around the forum!

3. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Welcome!

4. kc49

kc49 Auditioning

That is exactly what happens to me. If the original logo isn't there, it just ruins the mood of the film in my opinion. Also I don't know if linking videos is ok, but I do have a VHS rip of the opening to my copy of The Shining up on YouTube, and the original Saul Bass WB logo is intact.

5. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

6. Stan

Stan Producer
    Supporter

Welcome to the forum, you'll find it very enjoyable and informative.
    Being moderated you won't have to put up with all the BS and other types of posts people put online while hiding their identities.
    At the same time, mind your manners and be polite, or you could find yourself quietly banned and never heard from again on this forum. There are some pretty basic rules involving politics and religion, but just good common sense and you shouldn't have any problems.
    Once again welcome to the group, looking forward to your opinions and questions.

7. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer
    Supporter

Welcome, Chris, from a fellow Michigander.