What's new

Hell Just Froze Over.... (1 Viewer)

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Up to now, though, Legend has always released films through other labels, like Fox and Genius. Are they going to become a full-fledged standalone label, or are they going to continue to use a large outfit for these Paramount titles?

Charles H

Screenwriter
There's only one b-&-w film thus far announced: a terrific baseball comedy RHUBARB (1951) with Ray Milland and Jan Sterling (Leonard Nemoy and Strother Martin completists will note them in bit roles). I would hope that Legend can restrain themselves from pastel-pasting the film. Likewise, I wouldn't want the Stanwyck noirs (THE FILE ON THELMA JORDAN and NO MAN OF HER OWN) morphed into faux-Technicolor extravaganzas.

WadeM

Supporting Actor

All of the releases I've seen from Legend have included both the colorized and the B&W versions, so I don't mind--give everyone what they want. I prefer the B&Ws, but it doesn't bother me if they include a colorized version also.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Hey, I didn't even notice that the 1980's Canadian thriller The Sender was in that group....cool.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
If the majors really feel these titles can't sell enough copies then hopefully they'll open their vaults to companies like Synapse, BCI, Blue Underground, Anchor Bay and countless others out there.

I was a little worried about Legend but from the review it seems we have some very good stuff coming.

If you're a fan of the genre and haven't seen it then THE SKULL is a great little gem. IMO it's a lot better than the Hammer films of the time.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Damn! I read this thread title on the main page and thought somebody had seen my cousin Phil pick up a check. ;)

Later,

Joe

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Well, the DVDDrive-In review is certainly reassuring. Legend Films isn't a label I had put too much faith in, so it's nice to see the transfer receive high marks. Though I still wish Phase IV had been licensed by Criterion, it appears these films are in capable hands after all. I've been waiting on some of these for a long time. As for The Possession of Joel Delaney, I have the R2 release sitting on my shelf. Seeing how it has a decent assortment of features, I'll stick with it provided the Legend transfer isn't a marginal improvement.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Glad to read that The Skull is OAR and anamorphic. It's a definite purchase now.

It's also very cool to see vaults crack open a bit more with Hammer's The Man Who Could Cheat Death and the extremely weird yet mesmerizing Phase IV.

Looks like Legend is going to make some money off of me.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member

Same here. Really happy to see these titles being released. I thought that I'd never see Phase IV released. I still recall enjoying my theatrical viewing of The Sender so that will make the list, as will most of the other titles.

- Walter.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
I've been wanting a decent transfer of THE SKULL for a long time. The screen captures and review by George Reis is encouraging. I hope Legend films will post a list its other, non-genre titles and a schedule of their release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks