What's new

Hell Just Froze Over.... (1 Viewer)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
per that article, they've only licensced the 32 titles we already know about. There is nothing else in the pipe after July. If these do well enough I assume Legend would try to aquire more, but any hopes that more titles would follow soon in the months after, look to be dashed. While that's disappointing, I'm glad they decided to release so much product at once rather than parceling out 2 or 3 a month for 12 months. There are almost a dozen titles I plan to get, and its nice to not have to wait forever for them.

Duncan B

Auditioning
Real Name
DUNCAN BUSTO
I just picked up Phase IV and Man Who Could Cheat Death from my local Best Buy. Well priced too at $9.99 and with a 10% off coupon floating around for this weekend. Unfortunately they didn't have The Skull or Z.P.G. which i hadn't grabbed yet but they had all the exclusives and a couple of the earlier non exclusives all for the same price. I can't imagine that such obscure releases being exclusive is even remotely a good idea but at least hey're being stocked..

John Skoda

Second Unit
I got Those Daring Young Men and Their Jaunty Jalopies and it's got the true stereo soundtrack (although it's not mentioned on the packaging).

FrancisP

Screenwriter
I don't understand why they make it so hard to find. There are 4 stores within 80 miles of me. Only one of them had it in stock. You can't even get them at the BB website. They are backordered. I can't believe that this doesn't impact sales. Then they'll complain sales weren't good.

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit

Those are controlled by Republic/Lion's Gate, right?

I'd love to see some kind of Fleischer set out of Criterion or Legend or whoever (The Betty's, plus cartoons like Koko's Earth Control, Raggedy Ann, and Swing you Sinners that wouldn't fit anywhere else)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member

For what it is worth, (for the first time) I saw an endcap at a local Best Buy featuring around 16 Legend releases yesterday evening; so maybe the films are finally getting pushed out. This was in Rosenberg, TX. not exactly the center of the universe. :)

- Walter.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
This past week a new horror film soundtrack was made available for purchase on Screen Archives (don't know about whether it's available on BuySoundtrax and La La Land Records), for the film Burnt Offerings. From that I found out that a soundtrack for The Sender (1982) is available to pre-order. From the description of this soundtrack I was interested in reading more about the film. Checked it's main IMDb page and company credits page, and found it was release by Legend Films in 2008. Did a HTF forum thread search and found this one had some posts about The Sender.

What is the picture/print quality like for The Sender?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks