Hedwig and the Angry Inch

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RafaelB, Aug 13, 2001.

1. RafaelB

RafaelB Second Unit

Hey-
    Has anyone seen this movie? I'm interested to see if it's as good as the stage show.
    Rafael

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

I don't think there's an official review thread yet, but there are a few comments scattered throughout this thread.
    I missed the stage show, so I can't compare the two, but the movie is a lot of fun.
    M.

3. chris c

chris c Stunt Coordinator

I enjoyed the movie. The soundtrack is great and many inspired one-liners. Incidentally, before the movie, a trailer for Monty Python's Holy Grail was shown - apparently a cleaned-up print will be released in theaters soon. Can't Wait!

4. Vanessa

Vanessa Stunt Coordinator

I saw it about a week ago and really enjoyed it, however, I never saw the stage show and can't compare...
    Vanessa
    ------------------

5. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I greatly enjoyed Hedwig this last Friday. It's a fun film. The music is great, and the story is very interesting. The animation really emphasized the story at hand. I want the DVD just to get the second "music video" "The Origin of Love". Recommended [​IMG].
    ------------------
    Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.
    Save Stargate SG-1 Season 6
    View SpaceDog's DVD Collection

6. RafaelB

RafaelB Second Unit

Thanks for all your comments! I'll be seeing it tonight. I've heard that the movie's a little more linear and 'rockumentary'-type wheras the play was basically a performance of Hedwig's. I've got the movie soundtrack and it expands from what was in the show, and the production is awesome.
    Can't Wait! [​IMG]
    Rafael

7. Christina_DQ

Christina_DQ Stunt Coordinator

I wanna see this. It looks really good + the guy who plays Hedwig looks pretty fine from the pictures i've seen.
    It's only playing at one arthouse theater til the 26th & worse i don't know where the theater is,lol since it's in Minneapolis MN,while i'm in St. Paul & not that familiar with the city. Wish it'd play in a few more theaters so i get a chance to see it!

8. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    GO SEE THIS MOVIE. I can honestly say it is the best movie I have seen this Summer. Great story, great music and even a message about finding your place in life.
    I didnt see the Broadway play but I hear you only heard about the character of Tommy in the play. In the movie you see him and hes a nice site too.
    Ive seen it twice already and plan to go back.
    I wish Hollywood made more movies that were entertaining but that had a brain too.