Heavenly Creatures on DVD!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim Bivins, Jul 25, 2001.

1. Jim Bivins

Jim Bivins Stunt Coordinator

By the end of this year, Peter Jackson will be a well known name, no better reason to put this one out on DVD, well, except that it's a damn good (and creepy) film!
    I believe this is a Miramax title, right?
    Jim

2. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

Seconded, in anamorphic widescreen, with commentary preferably.
    ------------------
    Zardoz Online | Burt Lancaster is The Swimmer | dOc

3. Arttu Salmi

Arttu Salmi Extra

This film is the reason why I firmly believe that LOTR-films won't be a waste of time. This film is absolutely beautiful.

4. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

What we really need on that disc is the extended version shown in New Zealand. But I doubt that will happen if Miramax does the DVD. In a perfect world, Criterion would give this film the treatment it deserves.
    (And hopefully Anchor Bay is giving his first film the first class treatment it deserves as well [​IMG] )
    ------------------
    Oh No! Another DVD List!
    "Some people think I'm over-prepared, paranoid...maybe even a little crazy. But they never met any pre-Cambrian life forms, did they?"

5. Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman Cinematographer

Julie,
    I think I read that Bad Taste will have a DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 track on it. That's a start, at least.
    Dan

6. rhett

rhett Supporting Actor

Here in Canada there is a bare bones DVD already out. It is P&S and with a DD 2.0 track. I wish Miramax would release an SE of this film. Can't wait for that Bad Taste DVD! [​IMG]
    ------------------
    "Why don't we just wait here for a while...see what happens."

7. Yumbo

Yumbo Cinematographer

take a look at the Sneak Peak trailers Miramax is running on their new DVDs at the moment.
    several montages of movies not on DVD yet.
    ------------------
    Yumbo - IMDVD

8. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

Don't keep us in suspense Chris [​IMG] Is Heavenly Creatures one of the film clips or not. I don't buy a whole lot of Mirimax films so I wouldn't know.
    Dan, AB is also listing Bad Taste as THX approved. I'm thinking both sound and picture are going to be good. But I'm a bit concerned that the only extra announced so far is the original Good Taste Made Bad Taste documentary. Come on AB, a commentary, some deleted scenes? Please?
    ------------------
    Oh No! Another DVD List!
    "Some people think I'm over-prepared, paranoid...maybe even a little crazy. But they never met any pre-Cambrian life forms, did they?"

9. IvanT

IvanT Agent

For those who can't wait any longer until Miramax comes around to it, I have recently found out that Heavenly Creatures has been available for quite a while in Region 2. As expected, it's a French disc. Unfortunately, it contains no extras and has unremovable French subtitles, but... it's anamorphic 2.35:1.
    It's the 99 minute version, not the 108 min full NZ cut.
    As far as quality goes, the sound is pretty good (DD2.0) but the picture looks a bit washed out to me, colors seem a little flat but that's a minor gripe.
    I.

10. Serega_M

Serega_M Agent

Of course Heavenly Creatures better will be put by Miramax on DVD, and even better if as the SE or CE [​IMG] And of course it is wonderful news that soon we will see SE of Bad Taste from Anchor Bay - it will rock, I am sure. BUT - where are "Meet The Feebles" and FULL (not castrated in America under the title "Dead Alive") "Braindead"??? We NEED THEM, and although I know that there are European disks contains these titles - they are not of so good quality as far as I know. So - AB, anyone, Meet The Feebles and Braindead please [​IMG] Also - a note to Universal - maybe it is the RIGHT time to re-visit The Frighteners in the SE form, huh?

11. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    I rented this movie to see Kate Winslett after seeing her in Titanic and thought it was just amazing.
    I would love to see this.
    Please release this!!!!