What's new

Heat and BlackHawk Down in DTS? (1 Viewer)

Joel_F

Grip
The Japanese R2 of Black Hawk Down has a full bitrate DTS track, and I've heard it has excellent PQ as well.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
That makes no sense to myself. Warner has put out some great DTS releases I think. Also, they didn't advertise it like they should. A little picture of DTS at the bottom just doesn't cut it. I wonder if there will be a new cut of Heat if/when it is being rereleased. I'm sure this version has sold well.
Thanks

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yes but unfortunately they go by those sales numbers (the suits) when deciding future releases

I'd say The Matrix is the only film in their catalog that stands a chance.

greg_t

Screenwriter
The Warner chat coming up in April sounds like a good time for us to let them know that we would like to see the above titles with DTS.

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
Also the Scandinavian release of BHD distributed by SF has a DTS track that sounds amazing. Not that impressed with the picture quality though...

ZackR

Supporting Actor
What is the picture quality like on that Japanese R2 version? Is it anamorphic? Is it a good transfer? Also, Is Japanese R2 NTSC or PAL, sorry can't remember.

Thanks!

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
Zack, I've not seen the r1 version of BHD to compare... but the Japanese release is anamorphic and looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks