What's new

Head to Head Tournament - Vampires, Werewolves, and Zombies! Oh my! (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Andy, I'm sorry but I can't accept your third for Dead and Buried - in another tourney, someone tried to second a film without having seen it and subsequently took a lot of flak for it. Hate to put ya through that! :)
Oh, and no Thriller. Sorry.

JenB

Screenwriter
Cemetary Man and Silver Bullet were both thirded by Gabe but do not yet appear in the lists.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
You are correct!
Fixed.
That fills out the zombie field unless anyone else is against having Evil Dead 2 on it. If so, speak up now! :)

rhett

Supporting Actor
I say nix EVIL DEAD II. There are better zombie films that deserve to be on the list.

rhett

Supporting Actor
If we take off EVIL DEAD II, then I will third NOTLD (1990) (sorry Justin, I haven't seen D&B). I'll also third TEEN WOLF.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Yes Andy, you should've! ;) DEAD AND BURIED is a masterpiece that more than deserves to be in, but I guess its just too underseen! :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Okay, ED 2 is out and NOTLD '90 is in.

We need to fill two slots on the werewolf list and we're good to go. I'm sure someone will third Wolfen. I've also thrown out last-minute noms for An American Werewolf in Paris and Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Okay, I went ahead and completed the werewolf field by throwing in Wolfen and An American Werewolf in Paris - probably the most-seen of the nominees. Anyway, on with the show!
I'll be running three-way matchups until one field is eliminated. Matchups will be determined by alphabetical order.
Round 1 - Bracket 1
Blade
vs.
An American Werewolf in London
vs.
Cemetary Man
Please remember that you're voting to keep TWO films - only one of the three (the film receiving the least amount of votes) will be dropped.

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
Holy Sweet Hee Haw Hell. I happen to dig all three of these movies. Tis a shame one has to go. Oh well.
An American Werewolf In London
Cemetery Man
Parting is such sweet sorrow.
Wait a minute. What the Hell does that mean anyway? Does it mean that parting (in this case I can only assume it's the goodbye parting and not the hair parting) is good (sweet) or that it's bad (sorrow)? Does it mean that it's a good bad. If so, was Shakes a masochist? If so which plays do you think he wrote while being spanked? I bet Macbeth for sure. Why? Because it's my favorite and I like to be spanked too.

Users who are viewing this thread