What's new

Head to Head Tournament - Vampires, Werewolves, and Zombies! Oh my! (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I fear a nomination of any Hammer Film will go largely unnoticed or encounter a run of abstentions.
Probably so, but I hope not. I've seen most of them myself, but it's been quite a while.
I'm surprised The Howling hasn't been nominated yet. Some other worthy werewolf flicks: Wolfen, Wolf, and The Company of Wolves.
Some worthy zombie flicks: Lucio Fulci's Zombie, Re-Animator, Resident Evil, and Night of the Living Dead (1990).
Some worthy vampire flicks: Nosferatu (1922), Martin, Nadja, Son of Dracula, and the interesting (quasi-) vampire movie Cronos. And no mention of Buffy? :D
That said, I guess it's time to give you what you want.
Two more nominations, seconds, and thirds to everyone who has participated thus far. :)
I'm curious about something. Is Evil Dead II really a zombie flick? Several characters get possessed by demons, but does that make them zombies?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Nominate:
Bloodstone: Subspecies 2
Bordello of Blood
Second:
Blade II
Ginger Snaps
Third:
Dog Soldiers
The Lost Boys

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
My two new noms are:
THE HOWLING
DEAD AND BURIED
I second:
DAY OF THE DEAD
THE NIGHT FLIER
BAD MOON
One second left...
I third:
FRIGHT NIGHT
BLADE
Two thirds left...

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Third:
Nosferatu: The Vampyre
Second
Nosferatu, A Symphony Of Horror
Martin
Nominate
Blood For Dracula
Shivers

ErikG

Senior HTF Member
Nominate:
Wolfen
Resident Evil
Second:
Dead and Buried
The Hunger
Third:
Martin
Near Dark

JenB

Screenwriter
I think that Fright Night should be in the vampire category since Chris Sarandon's main evil character is a vampire.
Also, can't we please have a few more allowed in each category? 8 total in each seems like so few and there are so many worthy movies.

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
Nominate
Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires
Zombie Holocaust

Second
Shock Waves
The Monster Squad

Third
John Carpenter's Vampires
Return of the Living Dead

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
It looks like it's too late for the best vampire movie ever (Vampire's Kiss) to make it in. :frowning:

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
List updated.
I've decided to expand the fields to twelve since vampire flicks seem to be pretty popular. The thirds kept coming in until we had eleven. I filled the last opening with Murnau's Nosferatu since it undeniably deserves a spot.
The thing is, I'm not sure we can get twelve decent werewolf and zombie movies. Sure, there are a lot of them out there, but how many are even decent? Still, we could add Wolf, Wolfen, and The Company of Wolves to the werewolf field which would bring the total to nine. I'm not sure what else we could put in. Likewise with the zombie list.
Anyway, I'm going to give out two more noms, seconds, and thirds to everyone. :)
Remember, we need to fill six slots on both the werewolf and zombie lists.
I think that Fright Night should be in the vampire category since Chris Sarandon's main evil character is a vampire.
:b Fixed.
One thing, where would we put The Monster Squad? A fun movie, but I'm sure we have a place for it.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Oooh, I forgot to do this last night!
Nominate:
The Company of Wolves - I love that movie!
Where's Julie?? Someone just has to third Braindead.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Second:
Resident Evil
Heya Steve, shouldn't you perhaps take out the vampire movies from the Nom list? I almost thirded Blade II. I haven't seen any of the others on the nom list.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks