hdtv with direct tv

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Ernest J., May 25, 2003.

1. Ernest J.

Ernest J. Auditioning

I have a Panasonic 53inch wide screen tv and a panasonic HDTV digital receiver I called directtv to get hbo because 509 is hdtv also 198 and 199 are hdtv every thing is set up right but I only get 198 a paid perview. I called panasonic and they said the receiver must be bad I said would I pickup 198 if it were bad he said I don't know. Can anyone out their help me.
    thanks
    Ernest J.

2. Douglas*A*R

Douglas*A*R Stunt Coordinator

Do you have an oval dish and three LNB's? If not, that's probably the problem.

Most people only have a circular dish and one LNB on its arm, and can therefore only receive a signal from one of DirecTV's three satellites. HD programming is spread over two of the satellites.

3. Hugo

Hugo Stunt Coordinator

Hi Ernest, I agree with Douglas. You'll need to have an oval dish in order to receive HD HBO. Call directv, they should be able to provide you with an oval dish for free (I believe) if you tell them that you have a subscription to HD HBO. Hope that helps.

Hugo

4. Wes Goff

Wes Goff Extra

ch 198 comes in off the 119 sat, so you have the right dish, sounds like a programing issue w/ directv. try rebooting(unplug for about 30 sec.) and then call directv.

5. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert